Monday, December 17, 2012

Happy Anniversary

This year Chase and I celebrated our 7th Anniversary!  We were married on December 15, 2005!  I can hardly believe that we have already been married for 7 years! It feels like we were married just yesterday, starting out our lives together in little Ephraim Utah...then BAM, here we are with soon to be 4 kids in New York City!  What in the world! Life is completely crazy and absolutely AMAZING!  It is so fun to look back and see the road that we have taken, one thing leading to another with so many grand adventures, ups and downs, twist and turns, and experiences that I would not trade for anything! The great thing is that Chase and I have grown closer together through it all.  My patriarchal blessing said that I would marry one of my best friends and he is just that!  We have fun together!  That is what I love most.  There is a lot that Chase and I need to work on, weaknesses to overcome, and everything else that comes along with marriage and raising a family....but the greatest thing is that we do it all not just as spouses but as friends.  I love it!

Top 3 Favorite Things to do with Chase:

1.) Broadway plays, my new all time favorite!
2.) Make and eat chocolate chip cookies
3.) Run together

Although, I must say that our Anniversary date was one of the funnest things that we have ever done together!  Originally we had planned on going to the Nutcracker for our Anniversary.  Things didn't work out and we ended up selling our tickets.  We had to think of a new plan and it ended up being so incredibly fun!

Chase bought me a scooter for my birthday this year.  At first I was a little skeptical about the whole thing.  My first thought was "how much did you spend on that" and "I will probably never use it."  Boy was I wrong because it is so FUN!  Especially for date night.


We borrowed another scooter from a friend and heading out Friday Dec. 14th!


We scootered down to Shake Shack to enjoy my new favorite Burger


Our first experience at Shake Shack was a complete let down.  Chase was disappointed in the size of his burger and my Shake was too plain.  We left wondering what all the hype was about and never went back for over a year.  Everyone has been telling us that we must have ordered the wrong thing cause it is "the best!"  So, when Jenny and Jon came out we decided to give it a second chance.  



And as you can see it moved up on our list cause although it is not the fanciest place to celebrate your anniversary it is GOOD!  The burger is amazing and the fries are absolutely incredible.  


Then we hopped back on the scooters down to 72nd where we crossed through Central Park to go see the Christmas tree at the Met.  


There is no flash photography inside the Met so our picture is not very clear but the tree is absolutely stunning!  It has a beautiful nativity scene surrounding the tree with angel ornaments all the the way up.  There was beautiful music playing and the art museum is so quiet that it was so peaceful.  It is  something that I want to do every year!  




We had so much fun that the next morning we woke up and went on a big family scooter ride before we had to return the scooter.   Although I felt a little embarrassed as our family of 5 cruised along the streets all on scooters, it was so fun that I can't wait until Chase gets a scooter of his own and we can do it more often!




No comments:

Post a Comment