Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Announcing the arrival of our sweet baby boy

Caleb Theron Palmer
December 21, 2012
7 lb 6 0z
20 inches and a bundle of JOY


He was due January 3rd but decided He wanted to surprise us for Christmas

Thursday Dec. 20th Chase and I had tickets to go see Elf on Broadway.   Our good friend Bjorg said she would babysit for us and we were so excited!  That night Bjorg was running a little late and we had not ate dinner so I told Chase to go ahead and grab us a couple of subway sandwiches and I would meet him at the subway station .  I was really worried about being late so I ran from our apartment to the subway station.  (It is not too far but I think it was just enough to put me into labor.)

When we got to the subway we caught the A train just in time which got us down to the play about 10 min. to 7:00,  just enought time to eat our sandwiches before it started.  We were standing outside the doors about ready to walk in when suddenly my water broke!  I could not believe it.   


Coming and...going


riding in the taxi


at the hospital wondering what labor and delivery will be like the 4th time around


and thrilled to see our new baby boy


Dad  


Mom


Caleb came out alert, active, and ready to eat.  He is such a sweet little baby and I love him more and more every minute!  


We were so lucky that everything went so smooth.  Although we missed the play, the timing was absolutely perfect. We had a great babysitter for the boys, only a $7.00 taxi ride to the hospital from 42nd street, and I was able to get the epidural in time which made my labor and delivery experience much better than I have had in the past.    


Chase absolutely loves his new baby brother.  He wants to take care of him all day long and does a very good job.  He did not want to leave the hospital.  


Jayden with Caleb for a quick moment before he was off with Jackson pushing buttons and getting into mischief.  Unfortunately they were not able to stay very long because they got a little too crazy with all the excitement!  It was a little stressful having them all there because I had to share a hospital room with only a curtain in between.   It didn't take long before Chase was scolding Jackson in the bathroom so that he did not have to scream in front of the other lady who was trying to enjoy her peaceful experience in the hospital.  I am sure she was wondering what was going on and thinking "that is why you do not have 4 kids."  As you can imagine sharing a room made for a very long night and day in the hospital.  I was so thrilled to go home and be with my family!!!


The whole drive home I felt so happy;  Happy to leave the hospital, happy to have Caleb here safe and sounds, and excited to be able to spend Christmas all together as a family!  I felt so grateful which screams happiness!  Life is good!


Welcome Home Caleb!









No comments:

Post a Comment