Sunday, January 20, 2013

Caleb is 1 month old

I have been waiting all week to write about the first month of Calebs little life!  He has already brought so much joy into our family!  It has been fun to see the boys love and take such good care of him.  Each of the boys are so proud of their baby brother and treat him like a little prince.  They are constantly aware of him and are always trying to help out.

From youngest to oldest:

Jayden loves being an older brother!
His time has finally arrived and so far so good!  He definitely went through a few weeks of throwing a few extra tantrums but is back to his normal self and luckily never expressed it towards Caleb.  He loves to help me give him a bath, get him dressed and everything else.  
My favorite thing is when Jayden gets his favorite dog "Pudgy" and lays it next to Caleb.  I think he assumes that Caleb loves his dog as much as he does.  In his mind he is so proud to be sharing his most prized possession with his favorite little brother!


  Jackson is always aware of Calebs needs; he worries when he cries, covers his feet if they are uncovered, and secretly goes in the room and turns the light on when he is taking his nap despite how many times I keep turning it off. He tells me he is worried that Caleb is afraid of the dark.  
Jackson gets so excited when Caleb is awake.  The second he opens his eyes He think he is ready to play.  Today he asked if Caleb could take a bath with him.  I am beginning to think that Caleb is looking more and more like Jackson, especially in the eyes.


Chase is very nurturing by nature and fits the oldest brother role perfectly.  If he could, he would take care of Caleb all day long.  He wants to hold, feed, carry, read him stories, and if he was a little older I would turn it all over to him and would know that he would do a great job!  It is fun to see how each of the boys with their very distinct and unique personalities each tend to Caleb in a different way.  




 Now a little bit about CALEB!
He is still such a sweet little baby.  He sleeps quite a bit but when he is awake he is super bright eyed and loves you to talk to him.  


He likes taking a bath but does not like when I put lotion on him.  
He is a trooper whenever I have to pick the boys up and rides in the snuggly like a champ- so far!  Every once in a while I will catch him smiling in his sleep! It makes me so excited to see him start showing expression and to find out more about what his personality will be like.  


The older boys are quite jealous of his new Jordans!  
A little big but I couldn't wait to try them on.  

I must say that life has changed quite a bit with the addition of our 4th child.  I use to think that we were stretched quite thin, now I know a little better.  I use to think that getting out with three kids was over the top, now it feel like a breeze.  It is funny how your perspective changes with change.  As with most change that occurs in life, there is opportunity for growth and I am grateful for that. My boys teach me lessons every day.  To sum it all up I will just say that it is through the beautiful experience of motherhood that I am learning to become more like my Savior.  

Caleb we love you so much and we are so blessed to have another sweet spirit in our home.  
We Love You!

No comments:

Post a Comment