Thursday, November 1, 2012

Everything October

I was so excited for October to roll around this year!  So excited that I think I burnt myself out of fall fun and am excited to move on to winter and Christmas! But before we do so I thought I would recap all the fun things that we did this month.  Fall in New York is absolutely wonderful.  It is probably my favorite time of year.  After a hot humid summer we are able to enjoy a few months of the most perfect fall weather!

October 1st was definitely the most beautiful day of the year!  I could not believe how gorgeous it was that day!  I remember walking down to the park with Jayden that day with a permanent smile on my face.  The sun was shining, the air was cool but warm, and it was finally October...the holidays were officially here!!!  That evening we made our favorite homemade chili and cornbread to kick off the season!



That evening we made our favorite homemade chili and cornbread to kick off the season


Put up the few Halloween Decorations that we have


Conference weekend we made cinnamon rolls


The boys loved taking turns rolling the dough


Jayden and I at the farmers market


Take a look at that face


Dipping apples in Caramel


MMmmMMmm



We had Fanney and her friends over one night to decorate Halloween cookies


Not use to a room full of girls


Lots of chatter, giggling, and very creative halloween cookies


Nana, Papa, and Paige sent the boys a Halloween Package.  Paige made them all a darling halloween trick-or-treat bag!


Jayden and I at the New York Botanical Gardens


Pumpkins, pumpkins, and more pumpkins


Jaydens favorite part of all was running through the maze over and over again!  He loved it!




Painting pumpkins at playgroup


Jayden and his friend Dan


Moms and toddlers at Sugar and Plumm for a little morning Hot Chocolate


Afterwards we took the boys over to the Natural History Museum to get all their energy out




The ward Halloween Party


Primary Parade



Jackson had his friend Makeila over for a playdate.  They have become good friends.  


We made Halloween Cake Pops


October 31st


Carving our Pumpkin before we head out to go trick-or-treating


2 Pirates and a Dragon


Trick-or-Treating to a few of the shops along Broadway






After trick-or-treating our building had a party for all the kids


Bancroft Friends


Games


Decorating Pumpkins


Finally, the best part of Halloween


counting all your candy



organizing them into favorites


and feeling like you have a never ending supply of the best thing on earth


What a great day!




Happy Halloween!
2012


No comments:

Post a Comment