Friday, August 17, 2012

Fun with Romy!



 Suckers and the subway!  Desperate times call for desperate measures and this was definitely a time that called for backup treats.  We had packed a picnic to take down to the Bethesda Fountains in Central Park.  The boys were actually great and the only breakdown we had was when Chase did not want to leave the turtles.


 Here is Romy strategically showing the boys how to throw their pennies into the water.  Romy was good at coming up with fun games for the boys that kept them well entertained.  She even topped the day off with the boys new favorite toy from the $.50 coin machine off the street.  You wouldn't believe how excited they were about these goofy little toys.  Although I must say that the best was the magic show on the subway.  She had Jackson completely fascinated as well as those around us laughing and engaged in the Rome Show.


We headed down to Brooklyn after Chase got home from work for a little Pizza at Grimaldi's, a famous New York Pizza.  The line is always long but it is definitely one of our favorites.



Then we went and walked across the Brooklyn Bridge.  This time we walked from the Brooklyn side into Manhattan which was fun to see at night.  The city is amazing and although it gets tiring having to walk so much it really is a pretty amazing city!



We went to see War Horse which was absolutely amazing!  I must say that at first I was a little worried because it is not your typical Broadway Show with lots of singing and dancing.  I must say I was pleasantly surprised by how much I like it.  The story and unique music is incredible !  I loved the actors and the way they made the horses come alive.  The puppeteering is somthing everyone should see.  I would love to go see it again.



Here is walking along the Highline which was something I had never done before. Romy and I went  out one night for a little shopping in Time Square, Cheesecake at Juniors, and then down to Chelsea to walk along what  many claim as their favorite thing to do in New York.  



No comments:

Post a Comment